Bruins release statement following Milan Lucic’s arrest
Bruins forward Milan Lucic will be away from the club on an ‘indefinite leave of absence’ following a domestic violence incident Friday night, the Bruins confirmed in a statement.
“The Boston Bruins are aware of the situation involving Milan Lucic Friday evening,” the team said in a statement. “Milan is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team. The organization takes these matters very seriously, and we will work with the Lucic family to provide any support and assistance they may need.”
Speaking after his team’s optional morning skate at Warrior Ice Arena, Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery said something similar, and stressed his support for the Lucic family.
Lucic, who rejoined the Bruins on a one-year, $1 million contract for the 2023-24 season, has been out of the Boston lineup since suffering an ankle injury on Oct. 21.
The Bruins placed the 35-year-old Lucic on long-term injured reserve a week later, and had originally circled this date as a potential return for the bottom-six winger, though it appeared he suffered a slight setback earlier this week.