Miller Lite is giving you a chance to score $50,000!
To participate, qualify at one of the Pop-a-Shot events below. The contestant with the highest amount of baskets from each event will move on to the semi finals on February 13th for the chance to compete for $50k during that night's Boston Celtics' game!
Event #1: December 12, 2019: The Harp, 85 Causeway St., Boston, MA 02114; 6:00PM ET – 8:00PM ET.
Event #2: December 28, 2019: Mad Hatter, 969 Washington St., Weymouth, MA 02189; 7:00PM ET – 9:00PM ET.
Event #3: January 11, 2020: Game On, 82 Lansdowne St., Boston, MA 02115; 5:00PM ET – 7:00PM ET.
Event #4: January 30, 2020: The Causeway Restaurant, 65 Causeway St., Boston, MA 02114; 6:00PM ET – 8:00PM ET.
Event #5: February 13, 2020: Hurricane’s at the Garden, 150 Canal St., Boston, MA 02114; 5:00PM ET – 7:00PM ET.
MUST BE REGISTERED BY 30-MINUTES INTO EVENT. MUST BE 21+ TO PARTICIPATE. SEE FULL RULES BELOW.
MILLER LITE “POP-A-SHOT CHALLENGE” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE RELEASE IS REQUIRED.
These rules apply to the Miller Lite “Pop-A-Shot Challenge” Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WBZ-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.985thesportshub.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Official Rules for this Contest, the Official Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on December 12, 2019 and end on February 13, 2020.
- To participate in the Contest, entrants may enter on-site beginning on December 12, 2019 and ending on February 13, 2020 as follows:
- Qualifying Events:
To enter on-site, entrants must register at a Qualifying Event location listed below at least thirty (30) minutes into to the listed start time of each Qualifying Event. For example, if a Qualifying Event begins at 7:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”), entrants will have up until 7:30pm ET to register to participate and no entrants will be permitted to register after 7:30pm ET. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Entries submitted may not be acknowledged or returned. Failure to provide all required information may result in disqualification. Registered entrants will be permitted to participate in the ‘Pop-A-Shot’ (as defined below) qualification contest on a first come, first served basis, based on the order of registration. Registration does not guarantee that an entrant will be given an opportunity to participate in the ‘Pop-A-Shot’ qualification contest.
- Qualifying Event #1: December 12, 2019: The Harp, 85 Causeway St., Boston, MA 02114; 6:00PM ET – 8:00PM ET.
- Qualifying Event #2: December 28, 2019: Mad Hatter, 969 Washington St., Weymouth, MA 02189; 7:00PM ET – 9:00PM ET.
- Qualifying Event #3: January 11, 2020: Game On, 82 Lanswdowne St., Boston, MA 02115; 5:00PM ET – 7:00PM ET.
- Qualifying Event #4: January 30, 2020: The Causeway Restaurant, 65 Causeway St., Boston, MA 02114; 6:00PM ET – 8:00PM ET.
- Qualifying Event #5: February 13, 2020: Hurricane’s at the Garden, 150 Canal St., Boston, MA 02114; 5:00PM ET – 7:00PM ET.
Beginning at the start time listed above at each Qualifying Event, registered entrants may line up in the order in which they registered, to attempt to make as many basketballs into a mini basketball net as they can within sixty (60) seconds (a “Pop-A-Shot”). At the end of each Qualifying Event, as listed above, the registered entrant who made the most basketballs in the basket during his/her qualifying attempt will win a Qualifying Prize and be designated a Qualifier for the Semi-Final Event, upon confirmation of eligibility. In the event of a tie, the Station will conduct a play-off round (or rounds, if needed) between the tied participants in the same manner described above until there remains only one (1) Qualifier for that Qualifying Event. Qualifiers will be notified of their winning on-site at the respective Qualifying Event.
All Qualifying Events will end at the times listed above and no other registered entrants will have an opportunity to participate after that time. If time does not permit a registered entrant to participate, the registered entrant will not be entitled to participate at that Qualifying Event (although the registered entrant may attend and register at a subsequent Qualifying Event for a chance at a qualifying attempt).
An entrant may only participate in a Pop-A-Shot qualification contest once per Qualifying Event. An entrant may only be a Qualifier once during the Contest. Once an entrant is selected as a Qualifier, such entrant may not participate at any other Qualifying Events.
- Semi-Final Event:
The five (5) Qualifiers selected during the Qualifying Events must be present at Hurricanes at the Garden, 150 Canal St., Boston, MA 02114 on February 13, 2020 at 5:30PM ET for the Semi-Final Event. Any Qualifier not present by 5:30PM ET will not be permitted to participate in the Semi-Final Event. The five (5) Qualifiers will then participate in one (1) round of the Pop-A-Shot challenge in the same manner as described above. The two (2) Qualifiers with the top scores will be designated “Semi-Finalists.” In the event of a tie, the Station will conduct a tie-breaker in the same manner described above.
The two (2) Semi-Finalists shall then participate in a final round of Pop-A-Shot. The Semi-Finalist with the top score will be designated the “Finalist” and will have the opportunity to participate in the “Grand Prize Event” (as described below). In the event of a tie, the Station will conduct a tie-breaker round in the same manner described above.
- Grand Prize Event:
The Grand Prize Event will take place on February 13, 2020 on the court before or during the February 13, 2020 Boston Celtics home game scheduled to be played at the TD Garden in Boston, MA. The Finalist, as determined at the Semi-Final Event, will coordinate exact details with Station personnel immediately following the Semi-Final Event. Failure of the Finalist to be where and when instructed will result in automatic disqualification of the Finalist and no alternative Finalist will be selected. Participation is non-transferable. The Finalist must participate in the Grand Prize Event on their own behalf. In order to be eligible to participate in the Grand Prize Event, the Finalist must be able and willing to attend the February 13, 2020 Boston Celtics home game scheduled to be played at the TD Garden in Boston, MA and participate in the Grand Prize Event on the court when instructed to do so by Station personnel.
To win the Grand Prize, the Finalist must successfully make a half-court shot (“Basketball Shot”) on the court during the Grand Prize Event. The Finalist will only have one (1) attempt at the Basketball Shot. The Finalist may not attempt any practice or warm-up shots in any manner prior to their contest attempt on the designated event date any time after their selection as the Finalist. The Basketball Shot must be initiated from behind the designated demarcation line, a minimum of forty-four (44) feet behind the basket. The demarcation line will be clearly marked on the floor. The Basketball Shot attempt should be initiated from the approximate midpoint of the half court line. The Finalist must use the standard National Basketball Association (the “NBA”) basketball provided by the Station. A foot fault (i.e., Finalist’s foot touching or crossing over the demarcation line before releasing the ball) will disqualify any attempt. The Finalist will not be allowed another attempt for any reason. Once the Basketball Shot is released, the ball may not come in contact with any surface or object (e.g., floor, ceiling, person, etc.), except the backboard or rim prior to passing through the hoop. If the Basketball Shot is successfully made and the Basketball Shot meets all the criteria as a regulation basket according to applicable NBA rules, the Finalist will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. If the Basketball Shot is missed, there will be no Grand Prize winner in this Contest and the Contest will end immediately.
- There will be up to a total of five (5) Qualifying Prize winners and may be up to one (1) Grand Prize winner selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S. who are twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry into the Contest, and who are (a) residents of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, or (b) residents of New Hampshire who live within a one hundred fifty (150) mile radius of Boston, Massachusetts.
- Employees of Miller Lite, Burke Distributing, Million Dollar Media, LLC, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, the Boston Celtics, the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. (all except Miller Lite, Burke Distributing, Million Dollar Media, LLC, the Station, its licensee and its parent corporation, collectively, the “NBA Entities”), their affiliated entities, respective parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, governors, owners, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners and agents of the preceding entities, other radio stations in the Boston metropolitan survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- The following individuals are not permitted to enter:
(a) Any individual who is a current or former professional or semi-professional basketball player;
(b) Any individual who is a current or former high school or collegiate basketball player who has competed at that level within the past six (6) years:
(c) Any individual who is a current basketball coach coaching at the high school level or higher.
- The winners may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth, and phone number to claim prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Up to five (5) Qualifying Prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Each Qualifying Prize is two (2) tickets (valid for Qualifying Prize winner and one (1) guest) to the Boston Celtics home game scheduled to be played on February 13, 2020 at the TD Garden in Boston, MA. The Average Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is $150. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize(s) is awarded as is. Tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond control of the Station, the Boston Celtics, and/or prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded element(s) of the prize(s). Winner’s attendance at any Celtics game is subject to the general ticket rules and regulations established from time to time by Delaware North Companies, Inc. – Boston (“DNC-B”), the owner of the TD Garden, the owner of the away arena, and by the Celtics (the “Ticket Rules”). In the event of a violation of the Ticket Rules, DNC-B, the owner of the away arena, and/or the Celtics shall have the right to eject the violators from the relevant arena. If any prize winner or prize winner’s guest is ejected from TD Garden or away arena, he or she shall not have any rights to participate in the on-court promotion nor any other prizes or compensation. The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the TD Garden.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize may be awarded, in the event the Finalist successfully makes the designated Basketball Shot per these Official Rules. The Grand Prize consists of a check awarded from Million Dollar Media, LLC in the name of the winner in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000). ARV of the Grand Prize is $50,000. If the designated Basketball Shot attempt is not successfully made by the Finalist, then the Grand Prize will NOT be awarded. No checks will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be mailed within approximately one hundred and twenty (120) days.
- All Qualifying Prizes must be claimed at the Semi-Final Event. The Qualifying Prize winners will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed by 7:00PM ET on February 13, 2020. The Grand Prize winner, if any, will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours within five (5) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to five (5) Qualifiers and one (1) Finalist will be selected and notified in the manner described in Sections 2-4 of these Official Rules.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize may be awarded. The Finalist will have the opportunity to win the Grand Prize in the manner described above.
- Entrants must be present at a Qualifying Event to become a Qualifier but need not listen to the Station. Qualifiers must be present at the Semi-Final Event to become the Finalist but need not listen to the Station. Finalist must be present at the Grand Prize Event to become the Grand Prize winner but need listen to the Station.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.985thesportshub.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to hold harmless and indemnify Miller Lite, Burke Distributing, Million Dollar Media, LLC, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, and the NBA Entities from and against any liability, damages, or causes of actions (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) the entrants’ participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, misuse of, or inability to use any prize (including any type or manner of costs or damages), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or any other theory; and (iii) travel to or from any Contest-related activity. By accepting a prize, winner agrees that Miller Lite, Burke Distributing, Million Dollar Media, LLC, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, and the NBA Entities will have no liability and will be held harmless by winner for any liability, loss, injury, or damage to property or to person, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, participation in, use or misuse of the prize or participation in the Contest, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of Miller Lite, Burke Distributing, Million Dollar Media, LLC, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, or the NBA Entities.