“OCKERS COMPANY SCHOOL NOMINATION”
These rules apply to “Ockers Company School Nomination” Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WBZ-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.985thesportshub.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, September 7, 2020 and end on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
- Entries must also include a written statement (“Essay”) of approximately two hundred fifty (250) words describing why the school they are nominating deserves to win the Grand Prize. The nominated school must be a public or private school offering any grade(s) located in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island.
- Each Essay submitted must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by any laws, or materials that may otherwise infringe on the rights of a third party. The Essay may not invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. The Station shall have the right to disqualify any entrant if it determines that the Essay contains copyrighted material or material that infringes on the rights of another; indecent or otherwise offensive material such as violence or drug abuse; or if such Essay contains material that is deemed to be unsuitable for a public audience. The Station’s determinations with respect to all such matters shall be made in its sole discretion and shall be final. Essays that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Contest. By submitting an Essay, all entrants agree that they have permission to read and post the Essay and grant Station permission to post their Essay on 985thesportshub.com for promotional purposes.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) Grand Prize-winning school selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) 75-inch Touchview Interactive Display Screen, including delivery and cart. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $3,000.
- Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within two (2) days of winning by an authorized representative of the school nominated in the Essay. Prize will be delivered to the winning school on a date determined by Ockers Company. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to one (1) winning school will be selected on Thursday, October 1, 2020 at approximately 10:00AM ET via a judging process from all eligible Essay entries received during the Online Entry Period based on the following criteria: the compelling nature and creativity of the Essay. Judges will be comprised of Station staff. Potential winning school will be contacted by telephone and/or email promptly following winner selection.
- Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win
- If an authorized representative of the Grand Prize-winning school cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate Grand Prize-winning school will be selected from all remaining entries using the judging criteria described above.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.985thesportshub.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey Blvd, Dorchester, MA, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.