If A Boston Baseball Player Hits For The Cycle, You Win Groceries For A Year!
Enter below for your chance to win groceries for a year from Big Y World Class Market ! Each week, we'll pull one lucky qualifying winner to win a $50 Big Y gift card.
If a member of the Boston professional baseball team hits for the cycle, (single, double, triple, and home run), that qualifying winner will have their groceries paid for, for one year!
Enter once a day. We'll pull a new qualifying winner each week from all received entries since the start of the contest.
“COVER THE BASES WITH Big Y”
These rules apply to “Cover the Bases with Big Y” Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WBZ-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.985thesportshub.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, March 25, 2019 and end on Thursday, September 19, 2019.
- All entries must be received by 9:59 AM ET on day of a drawing, as listed in Section 4, in order to be eligible for that respective drawing.
- There may be up to a total of twenty-five (25) Qualifying Prize winners and three (3) Grand Prize winners selected in the Contest.
- If at any time three (3) Grand Prizes are awarded, the Contest will automatically end and no additional Qualifying Prizes or Grand Prizes will be awarded.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to twenty-five (25) Qualifying Prizes may be awarded in the Contest. Each Qualifying Prize consists of one (1) fifty dollar ($50) Big Y Gift Card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is $50. The gift card will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by its issuer. Gift cards are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time.
- Up to three (3) Grand Prizes may be awarded, in the case of a Grand Prize winning occurrence as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules. Each Grand Prize consists of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) awarded in the form of a check issued in the name of the winner. ARV of each Grand Prize is $10,000. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be mailed within approximately sixty (60) days following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 55 Morrissey Blvd, Dorchester, MA, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to twenty-five (25) Qualifying Prize winners (each deemed a “Qualifier”) will be selected as follows:
Up to one (1) Qualifier will be selected at approximately 10:00am ET on the dates listed in the table below in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received up to the time of the random drawing. Qualifiers will be notified of selection by telephone promptly following the random drawing and will be awarded a Qualifying Prize upon confirmation of eligibility.
|Drawing Date:||Assigned Game Week:|
|4/5/19||4/9 – 4/15/19|
|4/12/19||4/16 – 4/22/19|
|4/19/19||4/23 – 4/29/19|
|4/26/19||4/30 – 5/6/19|
|5/3/19||5/7 – 5/13/19|
|5/10/19||5/14 – 5/20/19|
|5/17/19||5/21 – 5/27/19|
|5/24/19||5/28 – 6/3/19|
|5/31/19||6/4 – 6/10/19|
|6/7/19||6/11 – 6/17/19|
|6/14/19||6/18 – 6/24/19|
|6/21/19||6/25 - 7/1/19|
|6/28/19||7/2 – 7/8/19|
|7/5/19||7/9 – 7/15/19|
|7/12/19||7/16 – 7/22/19|
|7/19/19||7/23 – 7/29/19|
|7/26/19||7/30 – 8/5/19|
|8/2/19||8/6 – 8/12/19|
|8/9/19||8/13 – 8/19/19|
|8/16/19||8/20 – 8/26/19|
|8/23/19||8/27 – 9/2/19|
|8/30/19||9/3 – 9/9/19|
|9/6/19||9/10 – 9/16/19|
|9/13/19||9/17 – 9/23/19|
|9/20/19||9/24 – 9/30/19|
Non-selected entries will automatically rollover into subsequent random drawings in the Contest, if any.
- Up to three (3) Grand Prize winners may be selected as follows:
Each Qualifier will be assigned a week of Boston professional baseball team (the “Designated Team”) games as listed in the table above.
- If any player on the Designated Team hits for the cycle (single, double, triple, and home run) during any of the games during a Qualifier’s assigned week, the Qualifier will be eligible to win the Grand Prize, upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Hits may not be combined by multiple players (i.e. the same individual player must record all (4) required hits by themselves).
- In no case will a Qualifier be eligible to win more than one (1) Grand Prize.
- For a Hit for the Cycle to be eligible for Grand Prize payment, the Designated Game(s) must be counted as an Official League game, and a player's hits (single, double, triple, and home run) must be scored as such by the Official Scorer. If the game in which a batter has hit for the cycle is canceled for any reason prior to becoming an official game, all hits are removed from the official score book.
- If a Designated Game is rescheduled due to inclement weather, a Hit for the Cycle in the official substitute game in accordance with the terms of these Contest Rules will be eligible for prize payment.
- If a qualifying game is re-scheduled or postponed for any reason, the make-up game will be eligible for the Grand Prize and the selected Qualifier originally assigned to that game will remain regardless of when it occurs. If a qualifying game is cancelled and no make-up game is scheduled, the selected Qualifier originally assigned to that game is no longer eligible to win the Grand Prize for that game.
- If a Qualifier does not win a Grand Prize (as described in above), he/she may not be a Qualifier again, regardless of whether or not he/she wins a Grand Prize, and will not be permitted to enter the Contest again.
- Odds of being selected as a Qualifier depend on the number of eligible online entries received at the time of each random drawing.
- Winner need not listen to the Station or be present to win a Qualifying Prize and/or Grand Prize.
- If a Qualifying/Grand Prize winner(s) cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate Qualifying Prize winner may be selected (time permitted) in a random drawing from all remaining entries; no alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.985thesportshub.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey Blvd, Dorchester, MA, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.