100% of the proceeds from our Annual “Who’s Your Caddy?” Classic Golf Outing go to Dana Farber Boston Children’s Hospital to directly support the Pediatric Advanced Care Team.
Many years ago, Tony Massarotti had a nephew that was treated by the Pediatric Advanced Care Team at Boston Children’s Hospital. Unfortunately, Tony’s nephew did not survive, but it spurred him (and his family) to create a lifetime of support and connection to the hospital. As a result of this, Tony started an annual golf tournament with all proceeds going to the hospital, more specifically the PACT unit, and in 2011 he entrusted The Sports Hub to continue the tradition. And the “Who’s Your Caddy?” Classic was born.
The Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT), their nationally-recognized palliative care service, provides an extra layer of support — healing, comfort, and quality of life — to the care of children with serious illness and their families. PACT consults with families and primary care teams to bring together information and guidance needed to make the best health care decisions for each child.
- Easing pain and managing symptoms and side effects
- Fostering communication between families and health care providers
- Coordinating inpatient, outpatient, and homecare services
Experts from a wide variety of disciplines to care for your child. The care team includes:
- Physicians with advanced training in palliative care
- A nurse practitioner with extensive experience providing pediatric palliative care
- A social worker with expertise in emotional support and community resources
- Dedicated spiritual care services
- Other pediatric specialists as needed