Top 8 Summer Driving Tips From Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Summer is here and Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) wants to make sure your car is ready, safe and reliable for your family road trip!
VIOC offers, touchless, stay-in-your-car drive thru service so you never have to leave your car. They have taken extra safety precautions to keep their guests safe while in the service center such as touchless payments options, invoices emailed to you and appropriate personal protective equipment.
Before you hit the road this summer, swing into Valvoline Instant Oil Change for a FREE courtesy check of your tires, battery, lights and fluids so your car is road-trip ready.
Check out VIOC’s Top 8 Summer Driving Tips to help prepare your vehicle and ensure it is in optimal driving condition for your summer getaway or your day-to-day driving in hotter weather conditions:
- Change your motor oil regularly: Regular oil changes with the correct grade of motor oil can improve gas mileage up to 2 percent*. Synthetic oils are best for high temperature driving conditions and for added protection when towing. Visit www.getanoilchange.com to save 20% on your total purchase at VIOC.
- Check your tire pressure: Keeping your tires properly inflated can help improve gas mileage up to 3 percent*. Be sure to check your tire pressure before you begin driving for the day. This allows you to get a cold pressure reading (the number commonly referenced in your owner’s manual) and set tires to the appropriate level.
- Clean your Fuel System: This service helps restore fuel economy, improves acceleration and rough idling and maximizes engine performance by removing dirt and deposits from the fuel system. Our certified technicians can perform this service in the same amount of time it takes to get your oil changed – while you wait in the convenience of your car.
- Park in the shade or a garage: The sun zaps fuel from your gas tank. Parking in the shade or garage will lessen the amount of evaporative emissions.
- Check your Cooling System (Radiator): Your cooling system protects your engine from overheating in hot summer conditions. VIOC can perform a radiator and cooling system flush in about 20 minutes – while you wait in the convenience of your car. Many auto manufacturers recommend replacing radiator fluid at regularly scheduled intervals. Check your owner’s manual for details or stop in for a free consultation.
- Check your Serpentine Belt: Replacing the serpentine belt when needed helps prevent breakdowns. Your serpentine belt is responsible for your vehicle’s power steering, alternator, water pump and keeps your AC running. A broken serpentine belt means none of these functions will operate anymore.
- Make sure your Air Conditioning is working: Nothing makes the summer heat more unbearable than traveling with an air conditioning system that will not cool properly. Stop into Valvoline Instant Oil Change for a free AC check today!
- Check your windshield wipers and wiper fluid: The combination of bad wipers and a summer downpour can leave you with no view of the road. Before you hit the road, be sure to inspect your wipers and have plenty of wiper fluid to help keep your windshield clear of dirt and debris. VIOC will inspect your wiper blades and refill your washer fluid as part of our free maintenance check every time you purchase a full-service oil change.
Always remember to follow the vehicle maintenance procedures outlined in your owner’s manual. These can help improve your fuel economy and prolong the life of your vehicle. The following should be included:
- Check your transmission fluid: Changing the fluid when needed helps restore your vehicle’s operation by protecting the gears from grinding.
- Rotate your tires regularly: This prevents uneven wear, which can shorten the life of your tires. It also improves vehicle handling and traction.
- Check your gearbox fluid: Changing the fluid when needed restores additives to protect the gears from grinding. This is especially important for four-wheel drive vehicles because they have three gear boxes.
The experts at Valvoline Instant Oil Change are always happy to help perform any of the above services and make sure your car is road trip ready! To learn more or find a VIOC location near you, visit www.vioc.com.
*As cited from the U.S. Department of Energy at fueleconomy.gov.