By Matt McCarthy, 985TheSportsHub.com
Law enforcement officials in Pittsburgh have indicated that they do not plan to open a criminal investigation into two of the claims of sexual assault levied against Patriots receiver Antonio Brown.
In an e-mail to NFL Network, an official with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office said there appears to be a statute of limitations issue associated with the claims made by Brown’s former trainer, Britney Taylor, in her civil lawsuit filed last week.
Here is the full statement from the Allegheny County DA on Antonio Brown’s accuser following our inquiry ???????? pic.twitter.com/sAEE0vSozU— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 18, 2019
Taylor claimed Brown sexually assaulted her on two separate occasions in 2017 and raped her at his Miami home in 2018. Police in Miami said last week that they have no record of Taylor reporting the incident and that Brown has not been the subject of any rape investigations.
Brown has denied the accusations.
NFL investigators reportedly met with Taylor for 10 hours earlier this week, but according to Rapoport of NFL Network, no determination has been made on Brown’s eligibility for Sunday’s game against the Jets.
You can hear Matt McCarthy on various 98.5 The Sports Hub programs. Follow him on Twitter @MattMcCarthy985.