Winter Driving Tips
With the first winter storm on its way, Valvoline Instant Oil Change wants to remind you of a few winter driving tips to make sure your car is safe and reliable for you and your family throughout the winter!
1. Battery: Get your battery tested. The winter can be hard on car batteries, so make sure yours still has plenty of power. Valvoline Instant Oil change is happy to do a free battery check and can also install a new battery if yours is low.
2. Motor Oil: Making sure your oil is clean is a year-round recommendation but especially in the winter, make sure you have fresh oil changed every 3,000 miles or 6 months; whichever comes first. Synthetic oils allow for a quicker start in the cold weather.
3. Tires: Be sure to check the tread on your tires and consider winter tires before the weather gets too bad. Cold weather can lead to less pressure in your tires. Don’t ignore the light! Stop into VIOC for a free tire check and air.
4. Washer Fluid: Water will freeze on your windshield once it begins to get cold. Choose a cold-weather washer fluid that won’t freeze in colder temperatures.
5. Radiator: Your heating system protects your engine from freezing in the cold winter conditions. Your radiator is also critical for interior comfort and safety reasons such as defrosting. VIOC can perform a radiator system flush in about 20 minutes – while you wait in the convenience of your car.
VIOC offers, touchless, stay-in-your-car drive thru service so you never have to leave your car.
They have taken extra safety precautions to keep their guests safe while in the service center such as touchless payments options, invoices emailed to you and appropriate personal protective equipment.
To learn more or find a VIOC location near you, visit www.vioc.com.